WordPress security plugins help us to protects WordPress site from malware, brute force attacks, and hacking. In this article, we have selected some best WordPress security plugins to enhance security of your website.
This is basically a WordPress security plugin. This is one of the best and it provides maximum protection to your site as it is the most popular web application firewall. Security is always the top priority for all the website builders. Considering this demand WordPress provides a very secure plugin service for the same. Sucuri protects and monitors the site from Malware threats, brute attacks, DDoS and XXS attacks. Basically, this is one such software that protects your site from every threat. So if you do not have a security firewall on your site then it is a good idea to get one now.
- It is easy to set up and the core plugin is for free.
- It easily detects the malware and it also prevents the site from being hacked.
- It sometimes takes too long to scan a website.
- It is quite expensive for startups and small businesses.
If you’re a professional blogger and you blog daily and produce revenue from it, then you might know the pain of losing the data due to technical faults and errors. But with VaultPress, you can now backup all your data into a digital vault in real time and secure it.
- Automatic real-time backup into a digitalized vault.
- Automatic file scanning and restoration.
- It can protect you against spams.
- This plugin has a price to it. You have to pay in order to use this plugin.
- You need Jetpack plugin to install and use VaultPress.
After installing the plugin by following the onsite instructions, you will get connected to VaultPress’s server. From there you can start you backup process.
This is probably the most used WordPress backup plugin. This service allows the user to set up backups automatically. It also allows you to store your files remotely and safely in Google Drive, Rackspace, Dropbox, FTP and more. Backup services also come in handy when you want to restore an entire website. The base plugin plan for this service is free however, if you want more features then you will have to update to a more premium version.
- The best thing about this plugin service is its email reporting option.
- It allows you to easily browse and backup all files, contents, and databases in WordPress.
- The premium version is expensive.
- There are not many features for advanced reporting.
Wordfence is like an antivirus for your own website. It has an endpoint firewall protection and malware scanner the works in real-time. Wordfence is powered by Threat Defence Feed which is updated on a regular basis.
- First of all, it gives you real time analytics on what’s happening on your website.
- It significantly reduces the chances of malware penetration or any other security breaches by blocking the attacker from its IP address.
Well as it is quoted by Salvador Dali that “Have no fear of perfection – you’ll never reach it.”, likewise Wordfence has also some imperfections to it.
- Its premium version provides a little more essential security features than the free version. The end user might hesitate to pay extra for that.
- Sometimes it takes down your own website due to technical reasons.