Below we’ve broken down step-by-step how to promote your YouTube channel to maximize your viewership. Whether you’re just getting started or want to see your numbers tick upward, these tips are all fair game.
1. Create high-quality videos
- Make sure your videos look professional. Use a decent camera and video editing software.
- Video editing skills are must if you want to run successful Youtube channel.
2. Work on Youtube Video Titles
- YouTube marketing is all about engagement.
- Titles are one of most important factor to increase engagement and attract click.
3. Engage with your viewers
- You need to be very responsive to your viewers.
- Reply to all the comments to your videos and utilize Youtube channel community to interact with your followers.
4. SEO optimised video description
Follow these simple but effective practices for video description. It will increase chances of appearance in search result at Youtube and Google.
- Front-load your keywords in the description and title. Do some research with Google Keywords.
- Stick to the 5000-characters limit
- Create a “contents page” with timestamps that help viewers find what they’re looking for
- Add links to relevant playlists (more on this later)
- Include a few relevant hashtags. Be sure to follow YouTube’s hashtagging rules before you post
5. Work on video thumbnails
Standard practices for creating thumbnails are –
- Resolution: 1280 x 720 px
- Format: .JPG, .GIF, .BMP, or .PNG
- Size: 2MB (Maximum Limit)
- Add text and colors to encourage clicks
- Choose a close-up image, if you can
- Be consistent with other branding
6. Make Playlists at Youtube
Playlists are one of best way to increase Youtube video views in one go. As soon as one video ends, the next begins. Videos in a playlist are more likely to appear in YouTube’s Suggested Videos
7. Collaboration with other Youtubers
Collaboration with other Youtube brands is an effective way to broaden your reach. It help you with new content as well as get more subscribers.
8. Organize Give Away Contests
Give way Contests are another great way to keep your subscribers involved. With the contests, you can encourage likes or comments, and gain subscribers.
Occasion Specific Content
- Look for holidays, festivals and other occasions and make content according to them.
- People are free during this time and spend more time at platforms like Facebook.
9. Digital Marketing
Create an email list of YouTube subscribers. Then, give them a heads up every time you post new content.
It is one of most effective way to popularise your channel. You can create profile on Facebook, Instagram or other social platforms and publish clips of your videos with link of your channel.
Do you have a popular blog? Embed videos in your posts, along with searchable transcriptions. This will increase both video and page views. This is win-win situation for both blog and Youtube.